the one

For me,blog is a place where I can spend quality time to know more about myself.How?simple.Only while writing I can understand what i am, as this makes me think in different,incoherent,lateral,inconcurrent as many ways as I can,which I seldom do.This space is more about expressing myself.

January 25, 2009

The day as it was!

M s use their blogs for writing there daily stuff. Why not me.Ya I did thought of using my blog also for writing my stuff and I guess did that couple of time. Anyway,my blog is not one of those blogs which fetch some money or something that gets some K s of hits every day.Ya I know I write it for my self.Oh wondering what those "M" and "K" s doing over there. I will tell you.

Today, yes on a saturday, we had to go to office. Guess for what...our ISU head, called T****, It's no confidential name not to take....but still thought not so great idea to take his name. Ya he was here to "Know" about our project. Oh My Oh God, he is a ISU head...and came all the way here to "know" about this project ,now. I mean the way he is talking, sounds like he has no clue about what is happening over here. Our project is 8 Million USD, it is been more than 4 months that it has started and now today he is here to "Know" abt it. So funny. But ya I admit that I really do not know if that is how things work else where too...but I thought it is not so good idea. Oh yeah! I was talking about those K n M s...right. K s is thousands and M is millions. Everybody is aware what a K means. I heard about M first time today.
That guy was saying that TCS( by the way I work for TCS) is no more interested in doing K project. Get me only M projects!!! ;-) What on earth is wrong with K project. He was talking about bad global economic situation, and that TCS cannot run behind any of those penny projects. My tiny non MBA mind could not exactly get the math behind that idea(somebody here feels that "only" a MBA mind can get what all that means). He was also saying that North America has got a huge market which is still untapped. And TCS has not really arrived here. If it has, he would have spoken a different language i suppose. So what Infeel is what's wrong in taking up projects that are not on a really large scale but that still give some scope for business and shows TCS in good light. Ya I know that he is a big guy and he is in the industry for last 20 years and he understands what he is speaking. But look if he is talking in a meeting where somebody like me is part of, I would expect to understand things.

Anyway, to tell the final outcome of the meeting is, that guy was terribly disappointed at the way the presentation went. He is not to be blamed for his expectations. I donno if it was my project manager who spoiled the day for him. It was a presentation got damn it!!. He is supposed to feel like a project manager, for heavens sake. He was there sitting somebody like a team member, not really talking much. That son of god was expecting some numbers and charts , statistics whatever they are. But he has none, and this guy goes in the middle of the meeting and go n gets some print out that to after that guy has asked for it. But that guy was like sitting on a fireball,all the time. I do no know about others, but I feel that the meeting was a disaster and he is gonna have tough time a head dealing with his boss.

I guess somebody should tell him that he is a project manager and he got to have few things on his tips and not stare at the sky when that big guy is talking to him and asking him some questions.Whatever....that is what happened today.Oh as if it was not enough we went to a El Salvadorian resturant after the meeting. I did not want to take any chances. Not that it would do some harm to my stomach. But I know I would not like it. I could save some bucks for the TCS , thought T***** would be happy to see few more dollars in his balance sheet.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you had good laughs in the meeting! All hail T*

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home